This week our fitness experts, Libby, Cassey and Sian from the BUF Girls bring you a very special, live time, full-body workout to celebrate the end of “Heart Week”, which just wrapped up.
Nope, we’re not talking about the hearts that fluttered when Tara & Sammy got engaged on Bachelor In Paradise, we’re talking about the National Heart Foundation’s annual initiative to get Australia moving and keep Aussie hearts healthy!
This year’s theme, “Don’t Get The Sits” was all about the importance of physical activity as the ultimate medicine for the mind and body in reducing risk factors for heart disease.
Before you hit PLAY here are a few quick facts to get you motivated…
- More than half of Australians are not active enough
- Almost 2 in 3 Aussies are overweight or obese (as are 1 in 4 children!)
- Approximately 5,000 Australians die each year as a direct result of physical inactivity
- Australia is now officially classed as an “inactive nation”
WHAT! Time to change that!
Here are the cool changes that can happen in your body when you’re active for at least 30 minutes every day:
- YOU FEEL HAPPIER!
- reduce the risk of heart disease by 35%
- reduce blood pressure
- help maintain a healthy weight
- reduce blood cholesterol
- prevent and manage diabetes
- prevent or improve symptoms of depression
- boost brain health and the risk of dementia or Alzheimers
Ready to get that healthy body of yours moving? This workout is suitable to absolutely any fitness level, whether you’re just starting out, already a fitness pro, or even pregnant like Libby was when the girls filmed this!
It’s an all sweat, no tears experience, so press play now and make your heart happy