Our fitness experts the BUF Girls say one of the most common questions they get asked is, “How can I make a healthy, protein-rich breakfast that’s still quick!?”.
Their answer? Stop thinking breakfast and start thinking brinner!
Check out this lifesaver of a recipe from the girls' all new book, Totally BUF – and watch them make it, just to prove how easy it is!
Enjoy your brinner ladies ;)
Note: BUF recipes follow a slightly different formula than others… each recipe has three groups of ingredients: Beautiful plant foods, Unstoppable energy foods (proteins/carbs) and Fearless fats ‘n’ flavours. The method is as per usual ;)
BUF Brinner Frittata
3 zucchini, grated
2 carrots, grated
2 cups roughly chopped spinach leaves
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
12 eggs (or vegan egg substitute) ¼ cup almond milk
100 g feta (or cubed tofu)
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and line a square tin or frittata tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and almond milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the grated zucchini, carrot and chopped spinach, and mix to combine.
- Pour the egg and vegetable mixture into the tin. Arrange the cherry tomatoes and feta on top and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes. Turn out onto a board and serve warm or at room temperature, sliced into squares.