Sometimes all you need to get the spring back in your step when winter is on the way out is a short and snappy fresh start guide to get you going!
That’s exactly why we created this 5-day example menu just for you, to help give some structure to your week and help you feel fresh as a spring daisy, without having to spend oodles of cash on a fancy ‘detox’ that will only leave you hungry!
This plan isn’t a “must follow”, you can substitute any healthy ingredients you prefer, but this should give you a guide to help you get back on track. A lot of this menu is plant-based, but where we’ve suggested animal-based proteins, you can easily sub those out for vegan or vegetarian options.
We hope you enjoy this little leap into Spring!
The 5-day fresh start rules
- Include healthy fats, veggies and a little protein with breakfast (so most cereal and toast-like products are out)
- No refined or added sugar, or sugar substitutes (yep, even artificial sweeteners and honey are out! Just for 5 days girls ;)
- Limit coffee to one per day and nooooo milky coffees – a piccolo or little dash of your whole fat milk of choice is fine, but no large latte or cappuccino orders!
- No alcohol at all
- Limit gluten containing products
- Healthy fats only (so avocado, grass-fed butter, olive oil, etc are in, but processed options like sunflower oil, canola oil, palm oil, and any oil that’s ‘partially hydrogenated’ are out). Make sure you check the back of any packets, as nasty oils are found in most processed food products!
- No sugary liquids – water, sparkling water, herbal teas and the odd black tea or coffee only
- If you need a sweet hit after dinner, try sweet herbal teas like licorice, rose hip, vanilla, or peppermint, or indulge in one square of Lindt 90% dark chocolate (yum!)
- Vegetarians/vegans – feel free to mix up any animal protein suggested with an option you’re comfortable with, whether it’s nuts or toasted hemp seeds, tempeh/tofu, quinoa or legumes, or a rice/beans combo.
- Focus on getting at least 7-8 hours sleep per night – you’ll expend more energy in the day time, crave less sweet foods and your metabolism will work more efficiently too!
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs + spinach + mushrooms + feta
Drizzle olive oil in a pan, toss in some spinach and sliced mushrooms, scramble in a few eggs and serve up with a quarter avocado
**Busy gal’s brekky option: make our BUF Brinner Frittata in advance on Sunday night and it should last you for breakfast (and maybe a dinner or two) all week!
Snack: Apple with handful of walnuts
Lunch: Chicken salad with pumpkin or sweet potato
Snack: Hummus and vegetable sticks
Dinner: Salmon steak with steamed greens and a drizzle of tahini
Breakfast: Smoothie with protein powder, coconut water or a nut milk of your choice + frozen berries (bonus points for throwing in some super greens powder!)
Snack: 2 boiled eggs with sea salt + pepper, or a scoop of hummus
Lunch: Turkey + avocado rolled up in iceberg lettuce leaves
Snack: Pear or banana + handful of almonds
Dinner: Big veggie stir-fry + half a cup (about 100g) of brown rice
Breakfast: 50-100g plain oats + berries, Greek yoghurt + chia seeds or nuts
Snack: 2 brown rice cakes with avocado + tahini drizzle
Lunch: Tuna salad + avocado + olive oil/mustard dressing
Snack: Sliced apple with nut butter on top (SO YUM!)
Dinner: Try our BUF Rainbow Abundance Bowl OR grill any meat or alternate protein of your choice and serve with steamed broccoli + asparagus + half a cup of quinoa
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs + greens + quarter to half avocado
Snack: Natural yoghurt + chopped banana + nuts
Lunch: Salmon salad with lots of greens + balsamic dressing
Snack: Smoothie with protein powder, coconut water or a nut milk of your choice + frozen berries (bonus points for throwing in some super greens powder!)
Dinner: BUF Raw Pad Thai - you’ll LOVE this recipe!
Breakfast: BUF Ultimate Green Breakfast Bowl
Snack: Fresh avocado dip and vegetable sticks
Lunch: Veggie based soup of your choice + 1 x slice gluten free toast or traditional sourdough with some grass-fed butter, OR left-over BUF Raw Pad Thai
Snack: Sliced apple spread with nut butter
Dinner: White fish steak of your choice + salsa + broccoli + half a cup of rice OR some roasted pumpkin or sweet potato
Bonus Day Five Dessert: Try our Easy, Sexy Summery Strawberry Crumble!
For more simple, yummy, healthy recipes, grab our book, or sign up to our online program and score an exercise program too! You might want to grab yourself a tin of our vegan, gut-loving protein powder for a light breakfast or snack option, or nab yourself some of our delish collagen bars for healthy, convenient snacks on the go!