Okay girls, it’s 2018 and we all move our bodies a LOT, so I think it’s time to talk about switching to a non-toxic deodorant!
Standard antiperspirants and deodorants contain potentially harmful ingredients that have been linked with negative health issues, and when you think about the fact your skin is your biggest organ and absorbs whatever you put on it, checking and double-checking those ingredients becomes pretty important!
PRO TIP-Here’s a rundown of what you want to avoid in your deodorant:
- Aluminum– the active ingredient in many antiperspirants* – linked to Alzheimer’s and breast cancer
- Parabens– hormone disrupting chemicals often used as preservatives
- Phthalates– hormone disrupting chemicals hiding in the fragrance or other ingredients
- Fragrance– a catchy term for thousands of chemicals which can cause allergies or worse
- Triclosan– an endocrine disruptor and probable carcinogen
- Propylene glycol– when derived from natural gas (most common form), it is a potential allergen and a non-renewable resource
*FUN FACT: Sweat is our body’s natural way of releasing toxins so stopping sweat should not be the goal at all. Instead, we want to absorb the sweat from our skin which can be done with the below natural products.
HERE ARE OUR TOP 12 PICKS
- WOOHOO NATURAL DEODORANT PASTE
- AXILLA by BLACK CHICKEN
- SCHMIDTS- YLANG YLANG
- AGENT NATEUR HOLI (STICK)
- TOMS OF MAINE
- WELEDA – WILD ROSE DEODERANT
- MUKTI BOTANIQUE
- VANESSA MEGAN VANILLA POD ROLL ON
- FRESCA NATURAL DEODERANT
- PRIMAL PIT PASTE
- HAUSCHKA ROLL ON DEODERANT